Basic Rug Care By Chem-Dry of Wake County
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Washing rugs : If your rug is small and the label says “machine washable”, shake the rug outside first and then put it in the washing machine at the recommended temperature. Use warm water (90 to 105 degrees) and a mild detergent. Tumble your rug dry at the lowest heat setting.
- Beating larger rugs : If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a clothesline and beat it. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it. If the label says dry clean only, then roll it up and take it to a professional rug cleaner. Save time and aggravation by calling first to see if the cleaner does rug cleaning, many do not. Trust your rugs of all types with Chem-Dry of Wake County‘s technicians who have been trained as an Area Rug Expert for off-site cleaning.
- Vacuuming area rugs : Area rugs with fringe require special technique. Use gentle suction and start from the center of the carpet, vacuuming toward the fringe and being careful not to catch the strands in the beater bar. Lift the carpet edge to vacuum beneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs : Clean imported rugs according to your carpet manufacturer’s specifications or bring in a professional cleaning service. Be gentle with fringe. For heirloom-type rugs, you need professionals. Call Chem-Dry of Wake County at (919) 285-3140 to learn more about Expert Area Rug cleaning services.
- Carpet Care Tips By Chem-Dry of Wake County
- Basic Rug Care By Chem-Dry of Wake County
- Chem-Dry of Wake County Can Help With Your Filtration Soiling
- Chem-Dry of Wake County Has Wool Carpet Care Tips
- Spot Removal Steps From Chem-Dry of Wake County
- Urine Odor Removal Tips From Chem-Dry of Wake County
Clean More Save MoreThree rooms for $99
Four rooms for $132
Five rooms for $159Coupon Code, cmsmExpires: Cleaning of exposed carpet only (no stairs) Call for details and restrictions. HCE Cleaning Method.Chem-Dry of Wake County
Basic Rug Care By Chem-Dry of Wake County in Other NC Cities
- Five Points
- Fuquay Varina
- Holly Springs
- Wake Forest